This is an intermediate course, therefore supplies for the Colored Pencil Jumpstart course are assumed. Any brand of colored pencils is welcome; for the techniques in this class, Stonehenge is highly recommended.
(This Pre-class lesson has no videos; the free Pre-class lesson for CPJS has more basic info on pencils including some video.)
Most of the links are affiliate links, which means this site will receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at no cost to you. Read more.
Colored Pencils: Choose one brand, or try the class with another you own:
- Prismacolor (HEX CHART ) Full set EH | Blick | AMZ or singles EH | Blick
Luminance (HEX CHART ) Full set Blick | AMZ, or singles Blick
- Polychromos (HEX CHART) Full set Blick | AMZ, or singles Blick
If buying just a couple colors to try, get a Red Yellow Blue White
- Kneaded eraser EH | Blick | AMZ
- Stick eraser Blick
- Pencil Sharpener – recommend both:
- Electric QuietSharp Blick | AMZ
- Handheld EH | Blick | AMZ many other brands work fine
- Gamsol EH | Blick | AMZ or other Odorless Mineral Spirits, – or just use Baby Oil AMZ
- Solvent jars AMZ (place solution in jar with a cotton ball)
- Blending Stumps EH | Blick | AMZ
- Tea Strainer
Please share your art! You can share homework and ask questions in our Student Facebook Group for all classes here at Art-Classes…please do join in and see the work of fellow students! Each month there’s a giveaway hosted in the group, so don’t miss out on your chance to win.
Linking back to this site or mentioning the class name so others can take the class is appreciated – if you enjoyed it, your friends probably will too!