This is an intermediate course, therefore supplies for the Colored Pencil Jumpstart course are assumed. Any brand of colored pencils is welcome; for the techniques in this class, Stonehenge is highly recommended.
(This Pre-class lesson has no videos; the free Pre-class lesson for CPJS has more basic info on pencils including some video.)
Most of the links are affiliate links, which means this site will receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at no cost to you. Read more.
Colored Pencils: Choose one brand, or try the class with another you own:
- Prismacolor (HEX CHART ) Full set EH | Blick | AMZ or singles EH | Blick
Luminance (HEX CHART ) Full set Blick | AMZ, or singles Blick
- Polychromos (HEX CHART) Full set Blick | AMZ, or singles Blick
If buying just a couple colors to try, get a Red Yellow Blue White
- Kneaded eraser EH | Blick | AMZ
- Stick eraser Blick
- Pencil Sharpener – recommend both:
- Electric QuietSharp Blick | AMZ
- Handheld EH | Blick | AMZ many other brands work fine
- Gamsol EH | Blick | AMZ or other Odorless Mineral Spirits, – or just use Baby Oil AMZ
- Solvent jars AMZ (place solution in jar with a cotton ball)
- Blending Stumps EH | Blick | AMZ
- Tea Strainer
Please share your art! Linking back to this site or mentioning the class name so others can take the class is appreciated – if you enjoyed it, your friends probably will too! You can share homework and ask questions in our Student Facebook Group for all classes here at Art-Classes…please do join in and share your work with other students!