The Polychromos Hex Chart helps colorists see the brand’s color arrangement in visual order – not numerical. The chart makes pencil selections more visually instinctive, allowing the artist to see appropriate and sometimes surprising blending colors a few blocks away on the chart.
The colored chart included makes pencil purchases easier with the ability to see similar colors to avoid spending on colors that are too near to each other, and helping to fill in gaps in an artist’s collection. Note that the process of scanning and digitizing and printing alters color, but the color chart is still a help.
- Included in the Hex Chart Bundle:
- A blank pdf with two pages:
- page 1 to print onto pencil-friendly paper and hand color
- page 2 colored in for reference
- For usage tips see the How to Use a Hex Chart class.
This chart is not required for any class here at Art-Classes, but students may find it a help. It is the same chart that has been sold on the instructor’s blog since 2018.