Welcome to the Watercolor version of Underwater Scenes! This preclass lesson discusses supplies; if you’ve taken the Watercolor Jumpstart class, you likely have enough to use for this course.
A quick little video with the supplies….links are below at the end of this lesson.
I’ve posted these on YouTube and they might be of help; the first is about my palette, and you can see my colors swatched out…
… the other is about how I created the swatches in the pocket pages.
The colors listed aren’t required; you can use others, most certainly. Just have something comparable in the blues range – a middle range blue, something light in the blue or teal family, and a deep blue; a dark neutral like the Paynes Blue Gray – like a neutral tint or black, etc. The yellow ochre is for sand, but you can substitute a different brown; the green, rose, and yellow can be any hue you desire.
- Canson Arches French Bound Cold Press Watercolor Paper Pad 9×12
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 8
- Silver Brush Black Velvet Watercolor Brushes, Short Round 12
- DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolors:
- Cobalt Blue, 15ml Tube, or 5ml Tube
- Cobalt Teal Blue, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Indanthrone Blue, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Payne’s Gray, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Yellow Ochre, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Quinacridone Rose, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Deep Sap Green, 15ml Tube or 5ml Tube
- Ampersand Hardbord, Flat 8×10 —- 9×12
- Essentials by Ellen 30-Pocket Pages, 10pk
Please feel free to share your attempts at each project in our Student Facebook Group; each month prizes are awarded to randomly selected students who upload!
Once you’ve purchased this class you can click MARK COMPLETE on this page then on Lesson 1 below; to purchase it, click HERE!