Welcome to the PreClass session for this class! This lesson includes information about supplies both needed and recommended for class.
If you can’t see the video below, click HERE.
Note that you can likely try out the supplies you already have for this class. You can also use whatever colors you desire – you can make your flowers whatever colors you desire. A little about the colors used in this class:
Daniel Smith Watercolor tubes are what I use. Here’s a bit on the colors in my palette, but you can use what colors YOU like:
- Dot Card —- has dot-sized samples of my favorite colors you can test out.
- 6 Essentials Set — two reds, two yellows, two blues, can mix lots of hues
- Yellows: Lemon Yellow, Permanent Yellow Deep
- Reds: Transparent Pyrrol Orange, Quinacridone Coral
- Pink: Quinacridone Pink
- Greens: Green Apatite (has texture), Sap Green (a nice olive), Phthalo Green – Blue Shade (brighter)
- Blues: Ultramarine Turquoise, Indanthrone Blue (navy), Phthalo Blue – Red Shade (similar to Green Shade which is in the 6 Essentials set), Manganese (sky)
- Purple: Carbazole Violet
- Pearlescent Shimmer (can be added to anything)
- Natural colors: Quinacridone Burnt Orange, Quinacridone Gold, Sepia, Lunar Black
- Note there’s places to use blacks and browns in this class but you can mix your own using suggested colors in the lessons.
- If you wish to create a palette, the palette and pans are listed below; scroll to the bottom of this lesson to see the video on how to create a palette like I did.
The Student Facebook Group will welcome you with open arms to share what you’re learning in class! Come join us, and give encouragement to students in all the courses here at Art-Classes.com and ask questions you may have about content here.Buy this Course!