Welcome to pre-class!
This intermediate course needs pencils and sketchbooks – if you’ve taken the prerequisite Drawing 101 course, you’ll have almost everything! We’ll have two lessons using Conte Sketching Pencils, that’s all that’s new.
(There’s no preclass video for MiniCourses. See Drawing 101 for an overview of supplies.)
- Staedtler Lumograph Drawing and Sketching Pencils (set of 12)
- White Pitt Pastel Pencils – Medium hardness and Soft
- **NEW FOR THIS COURSE: Conte Sketching Pencils in black (2B) and sanguine.
- Kneaded eraser (optional: a set of 3 for more eraser options, a stick eraser if desired)
- Pencil Sharpener – either the Quietsharp (electric) or a Prismacolor Handheld
- Stillman and Birn or other brand of toned sketchbooks; any size and color is fine.
- Instructor uses a 9×12 but you can use any size.
Please go set up a free account at PMP and read the TOU, and poke around and get familiar with the site. We no longer use the “group” feature there, as it wasn’t very functional; we share work and ask questions on Facebook now.
Please share your art! Linking back to this site or mentioning the class name so others can take the class is appreciated – if you enjoyed it, your friends probably will too! You can share homework and ask questions in our Student Facebook Group for all classes here at Art-Classes…please do join in and share your work with other students!