In this intermediate sketching class, you’ll learn techniques for creating textures and depth, along with ideas to draw scenes with contrast and visual power! This class is at the intermediate level – which means having some experience drawing, though need not be with pen and ink; and some confidence in your ability and willingness to try new things!
- Intermediate, Level 4
- 4 hours of video! (almost 2 hours of narrated plus over 2 more hours of realtime unnarrated inking videos)
- Supplies are found in the free preview lesson
- Language: English
View the preview of the project in this video – then join class now, gather up your supplies, and let’s start inking!
Lessons can be re-watched as many times as you like and over whatever period of time you need!
- Preclass Lesson (3min)
- Lesson 1: Warmup (Spooky Barn) (16 min)
- Lesson 2: Drawing the Spooky Mansion (16 min)
- Lesson 3: Watercoloring the Spooky Mansion (7 min)
- Lesson 4: Inking the Spooky Mansion (23 min + 45 min realtime with no sound)
- Lesson 5: Drawing and Inking a Highly Complex Mansion (38 min + 1:15 realtime with no sound)
Absolutely loved this class! Although, I should have taken the 30 Days to More Confident Watercolor Sketching first.
The combination of watercolor washes and then ink work on top is magical.
Sandy walks you through the wash’s, the more detailed watercolor work, perspective and shadowing with ink.
I am waiting to get a bit better with perspective before diving into the bonus class she added to this course – it is phenomenal!