The Sketchmarker Hex Chart is an excellent aid to colorists because of the color arrangement in visual order – not numerical. The chart makes marker selections more visually instinctive, allowing the artist to see appropriate and sometimes surprising blending colors a few blocks away on the chart. The process of scanning, digitizing, and printing alters color, and your monitor and printer are different than the one this is calibrated for, but the color chart is still a great help.
Included in the Hex Chart PDF:
- A two-page pdf to print onto Sketchmarker-friendly paper and hand color
- A two-page colored pdf for reference
NO PHYSICAL CHART WILL BE MAILED. After the purchase, go to your account downloads while on a laptop (phones cannot store files) or follow the link in the email that is sent to you.
COLOR SELECTION: Find colors to blend with your selected hue by looking 2-5 spaces away from the initial color to locate a light and dark.
SHOPPING: Save money by avoiding purchasing colors that are very near to each other. Fill in gaps in your marker collection by seeing what you already have.
TRACKING: Print a separate chart on copier paper and mark off colors you have reinkers for.
- If you have trouble finding a color’s location, open the PDF and do a text search for that color number.
- Color a new chart every year or two, especially if you leave yours out on your desk. Alcohol markers are not lightfast.
- If Sketchmarker adds a handful of new colors to the line, a new chart will be issued for free to previous purchasers and will be available by simply re-downloading.
- If you run out of downloads, just email and more will be added for you.
This chart was not created nor endorsed by Sketchmarker.