This class is for kids – taught with crayons and other child-friendly art supplies! It’s taught at a child’s level with the hope to speak into their lives about the joy and accessibility of art that will lead to a lifetime of creativity! See the type of art in the preview video below to determine if it’s at an appropriate level for your child.
A message for the adults:
An adult must sign up for a free account at PMP – that is where photos will be, and the adult can print the photos for class below; click on the button that says “VIEW IMAGE” above each photo to make it bigger and print it. Please do NOT repost those photos anywhere; these are for use during class.
- Lesson 1 Cat Face
- Lesson 2 Dog Face (his name is Raider)
- Lesson 3 Cat Body
- Lesson 4 Dog Body (his name is Giallo)
- Lesson 5 (no specific photos are used; this lesson comes from our imagination! But there are many cats and dogs collected in a folder HERE if the child wishes to pick out some inspiration.
You can use whatever drawing supplies you have at home, or get some fun new ones to try! The items here are available at most grocery stores and drugstores, and these are used in class – students can use any art supplies they wish as well:
- Number 2 pencil
- Eraser (not the orange one on the pencil; get a soft one)
- Mixed Media Sketchbook
- Crayola Colored Pencils
- Crayola Watercolor Pencils
- Crayola Crayons
- Crayola Watercolor Paints
I got this class for my six year old grandson, who loves to draw. With four dogs in their home, there is no shortage of examples. Unfortunately, I was supposed to have him here, but we got a snow day. It has to wait a couple weeks. He will love it.