In this watercolor + ink class, 5 lessons will teach techniques for drawing images from nature—while starting from a loose watercolor wash, tracing shapes to create a drawing!
The watercolor portion is detailed in realtime, helping students create a wash that can lead to a finished pen and ink drawing. Any kind of black pen will work for the drawing portion.
- Intermediate Level
- Prerequisite: A weeee bit of watercolor, and ability to trace shapes
- About an hour of video instruction
- Supplies are found in the free preview lesson
- Language: English
See a preview of the projects in class, and the demo in the free preclass lesson.
The lessons can be viewed anytime and at your leisure; there are hours of instruction that you can watch again and again for years to come:
- FREE Pre-class Lesson with supply list
- Clusters of blossoms (13 min)
- Intertwined lines (11 min)
- Jagged lines (10 min)
- Defining planes (11 min)
- Parallel curves (14 min)