In this intermediate aqua or water-based marker class, 5 lessons will lead to a fun handmade accordion sketchbook filled with national parks! You’ll be given ideas for adapting lessons to national parks YOU have traveled to, working from your own photos.
What does “intermediate” mean here? This class requires some drawing. Not a lot, and it’s doable by someone with limited experience. Some elements can be created with stamps, and that will be demonstrated. But many elements will use the aqua marker properties and show techniques to use far beyond this course.
This class is appropriate for artists working in any genre – cardmaking, fine art, etc. Any brand of water-based markers can be used, but demonstrations will be in Sketchmarker’s Aqua markers, highly recommended and affordable. (See full supply list in the preclass lesson linked below)
- Intermediate Level
- Prerequisite: a wee bit of drawing experience and Stamped Watercolor Jumpstart may help but isn’t required.
- Supplies are found in the free preview lesson
- Over an hour of video content
- Language: English
See a preview of the projects in the class sketchbook:
The lessons can be viewed anytime and at your leisure; there are hours of instruction that you can watch again and again for years to come:
- FREE Pre-class Lesson with supply list and sketchbook-making video (18 min)
- Acadia National Park (14 min)
- Tall Grass Prairie National Preserve (11 min)
- Sequoia National Park (12 min)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (12 min)
- Mount Rainier National Park (14 min)
- Bonus with extra notes and sketchbook assembly (3 min)