In this class, learn to shade in ways that will make your art more believable to the eye! Find out about some tricks that most people don’t notice – they just see it around them, and those indicators tell them an object has mass and volume. Some simple shadows can make a huge difference!
This is a level 2 course and is taught in graphite pencil. While students of all mediums can certainly print the handouts onto paper that’ll work with their chosen medium, all are encouraged to try it in pencil first. Taking on just the shadows without the complexity of color choices can really help bring the lessons home; if choosing to work in another medium, try greys to keep the concepts straightforward.
Drawing skills are not required for this course; traceable images are in the handouts to follow along!
- Level 2; content applicable for any medium
- Over 2 hours of video instruction
- Special shadow tricks to delight even experienced artists
- Supplies are found in the free preview lesson
- Language: English
The lessons can be viewed anytime and at your leisure; there are hours of instruction that you can watch again and again for years to come:
- FREE Pre-class Lesson with supply list (3 min)
- Consistency of Light (13 min)
- Implying the Lines (16 min)
- Cast Shadows on Forms (13 min)
- Bounced Light (10 min)
- Interior Shadows (10 min)
- Hint at Muscles (11 min)
- Curled Shadows (15 min)
- Fabric Fold Shadows (15 min)
- Flower Petal Shadows (12 min)
- Shading Fur (10 min)
The Pre-Class lesson includes the supply list for this course.