It’s that time – party time! For months you’ve been patient if you’ve been around, and some of you were frustrated and gave up. I heard you! I’ve spent lots of time and resources getting this site spiffed up and technically ready to roll for your learning pleasure! And I wrote what is admittedly a really cheesy poem you might get a giggle out of:
The silly poem, in case it flew by too fast:
‘Twas the night before the big day, when all through the site
The artists began stirring, with excitement so bright
They logged into their accounts and viewed courses with care,
In hopes that all of their classes would be there;
Some needed help, and emailed swiftly
to the FixIt team of one – assistance arrived quickly!
Folks learned how to navigate, to set a long secure password,
and to join our student Facebook group to post their homework.
We learned that to reveal each upcoming lesson
simply requires us to click that little “complete” button.
And that if on Sandy’s blog we bought our hex charts before,
they’ll remain over there for us, they did not import.
As it proved that the technology really was hardy,
I sprang from my studio to prepare a party!
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
I hung up a sign made of paper with pride,
“We’re open! We’re open! Come see what’s inside!
There’s coupons on the blog for the classes you choose
The sale’s on all week —you really can’t lose!
And look for the giveaway contest as well
Share with your friends — winning would be swell!”
And what to my wondering eyes did appear,
But a small army of artists preparing to cheer!
The site, it is working! The classes so fun!
In markers and paints, even a pencil one!
We welcome all who desire to grow in their art,
To learn and to practice, and pour out their heart!
You’ll hear me exclaim, as my heart is so full—
“Happy creating to all, let’s go make something beautiful!”
A poet I’m not but I hope this was fun;
See you on the blog — and in lesson one!
If you’re new: a special welcome!
I’m Sandy and I’m the instructor here…..and I’m so glad you’re here!and wanted to quickly address the most common questions:
- If you haven’t taken a class here you might find while trying to register that you already have an account; back in the day I had transferred user accounts from my blog, so just change the password and you’re off to the races.
- Something missing? No biggie! Just email email@example.com to get help.
- Hex Chart purchases were NOT transferred to this site, so you can only access charts purchased on my blog by logging into your account there.
- Reset a Password: make sure it contains at least 12 characters, one capital letter and one special character (ex: Password1234!)(But don’t use that!) If you get a greyed-out button, your pw doesn’t yet meet these requirements.
An FYI: I’m partying in a little different way than you are today: I’m a student in a 2 day watercolor workshop led by the amazing Catherine Gill! I take tons of classes myself, so I learn more to teach to you, too. I’ll check email on my phone as I can, but please know I may not be able to reply til the evening when I get home.
If your order is between $50.00 and $99.99, use coupon code grand15 for 15% off.
If your order is under $49.99, use coupon code grand10 for 10% off.
Party Favors: Giveaways!
What’s a party without some treats!?! I’ll do some random drawings for over $800 in value and winners will be announced October 22:
- Five different people will win a Mini class ($15.99 value each!)
- Five different people will win a Jumpstart class ($34.99 value each!)
- Grand Prize: Access to all current courses here – a $620 value!
How do you qualify to win? Well, your help is needed to get the word out! A lot of folks may have tried to sign up for a class here while the site was misbehaving and need some encouragement to try again. So go share your experience during the week and then let us know what you did! We’ll pick winners from the inlinkz share-ers:
- Share this blog post on your social media etc (you can craft your own post OR share the party post on our @artclassesdotcom account). You can do it several times if you like! Tag@artclassesdotcom – and bonus points for coming up with something supercreative!
- Write a post on your blog during this week – tell your readers what YOUR class recommendations are! Perhaps show them some of your amazing homework….give them the encouragement to step out and learn something new!
- THEN come back here and use the linkup below to tell us where you shared!
- For bonus chances – go leave comments on blogs linked below! Be sure to come back at the end of the week once more are added.