Seeing the Scriptures: Visual Interpretation of God’s Word
Worship: reverent honor and homage paid to God; how we respond, speak, and act in response to God’s love for us.
Creative worship: add drawing, painting, dancing, pottery, poetry – any creative venture to celebrate the God we love!
This class will teach a study method that helps to read Scripture deeply, hear the message God has for us as individuals – and then a method to brainstorm imagery to express God’s message to us! There will not be specific art instruction, however three examples will be shown for each Bible verse, and an overview about how they were created. A total of 36 pieces for inspiration!
Experience or talent are not required for this class. What is needed: a willingness to learn to listen to God as He speaks through the Bible, and a pencil to doodle in the margin of a journal! This can be a private exercise to edify your own heart, or created to share with others.
Each artistic discipline will interpret Scriptures uniquely within their medium. But the same process for studying God’s Word and brainstorming ideas from it will work for. . .
- Bible journalers (30 examples will be Bible journaling pages in this class)
- Fabric artists
- Jewelry makers
This is a self-paced class; students are encouraged to complete each study before moving on to the next, whether it takes a day, a week, or a month; the focus of the class is hearing from God!
- Lectures 12
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Seeing the Scriptures: Preclass
- Seeing the Scriptures: The process
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 1, Exodus 14
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 2, Job 23
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 3, Psalm 23
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 4, Psalm 51
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 5, Matthew 5
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 6, John 14:2
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 7, Genesis 9
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 8, Psalm 3
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 9, 2 Timothy 1
- Seeing the Scriptures: Lesson 10, Romans 5