Copic Blue Skies: Preclass
Welcome to the pre-class discussion of supplies needed for this class! A few notes to start with:
- Recommended prerequisite is Copic Jumpstart.
- If you’ve taken Jumpstart, you may well have all the markers you need for this class!
- If you would like to take BOTH the watercolor and Copic versions of this class at a discount, click HERE. (Must be purchased together for the discount; cannot be ‘added’ later at the reduced price).
- It is highly recommended that you refill your markers – we’ll be covering a good bit of area, and full markers will eliminate streakiness.
A quick discussion of the colors; also see the notes below! If you can’t see the video below, click HERE.
- You’ll need one or more “sky” colors – B04 would be a good “intense” color I’d recommend but you can try other colors too.
- Be sure to have a few grays. C0, C3, and C5 are used in class, but you can easily swap those out for numbers one digit off, etc.
- The “optional” colors listed are used in lesson 4, a soft sunset sky; you can substitute other colors easily for those too.
You’ll want to use whatever paper YOU normally use. I use Neenah in class, and techniques may need to be adapted slightly for other papers.
Some colors are very similar – feel free to try substitutes. You won’t need all the greens necessarily, and you may want to substitute your own favorite greens for mountains and grasses as the ground of the images.
Some of these colors are only used once in class – you can substitute others for them rather than buying just for one drawing, or treat yourself to a new color!