Drawing 101: Form, Depth, and Volume
Foundations of drawing are a big part of becoming a success at painting and other mediums. Even if you’ve never drawn a thing – you can learn! It’s a matter of training your eye to see things as an artist does, and then translate that to paper.
As you learn about Form – Shapes – you’ll begin to discover them in objects all around you every day – even in objects you hadn’t considered to be made up of basic forms. Once you begin to grasp the concepts of Depth in the Perspective lessons, you’ll find yourself analyzing your friends’ photos on Facebook to find vanishing points! (Just keep it to yourself, you don’t want them to think you’re an art nerd!) And in the Volume section of class, five images will be explored to see the light and shadows that give them mass.
This course will serve as a prerequisite for many other courses to come here at Art-Classes.com; over four hours of content await you as you ground yourself in the basics of drawing:
- Lesson 1: Form and Shape (58min)
- Lesson 2: Depth, Two Point Perspective (35min)
- Lesson 3: Depth, One Point Perspective (22min)
- Lesson 4: Depth, Multi Point Perspective (16min)
- Lesson 5: Depth, Shapes in perspective (23min)
- Lesson 6: Volume, Principles of Light (35min)
- Lesson 7: Volume, Light in Texture (12min)
- Lesson 8: Volume, Highlight to Define Detail (13min)
- Lesson 9: Volume, Glowing, Bounced Light (11min)
- Lesson 10:Volume, Glass and Metal (16min)
Supplies are listed in the PreClass lesson; see the Curriculum tab of this course.
- Lectures 11
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level Beginner/All levels
- Language English
- Assessments Self