Whether you’re new to Copic markers – or have years of experience under your belt – this class will help you understand the markers: how to choose them and how to use them! Everything from basic blending techniques to shading and color theory will inspire your Copic art in this class. Many downloadable handouts will help you test and practice your blending and color combinations, and you’ll use these swatch sheets for years to come.
While some lessons in the class are geared to papercrafters using stamps – fine artists can also learn much by applying the techniques to drawn images as well.
Students can even take this class without owning a lot of markers! The color theory exercises will teach how to mix colors using a color wheel to create new hues. The recommended color list can be previewed in the public Pre-Class post, however – don’t stress. Use the colors you have and keep a list of markers you might like to add as you go!
This class will get beginners started, amp up intermediate students, and deepen an advanced student’s knowledge of Copic markers – and this class serves as the prerequisite for future classes.
The lessons can be viewed anytime and at your leisure; there are hours of instruction that you can watch again and again for years to come.
Supplies for this class are in the free preview lesson in the “curriculum” tab.
So grab your markers, some paper, and let’s jumpstart your coloring skills!
- Lectures 12
- Duration 7 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Copic Jumpstart Pre-class – Warmup
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 1 – Color Wheel and Glazing
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 2: Blending
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 3 – Discovering new color combos
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 4 – Light and Shadow Basics
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 5 – Coloring Round Objects
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 6 – Critters
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 7 – Florals
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 8 – Colorways
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 9 – Skin and Hair basics
- Copic Jumpstart Lesson 10 – Step Out of the Box!