Copic Coloring: Human Rainbow I
The “human rainbow” is a celebration of the diversity of ethnicities – and an initiative begun by instructor Sandy Allnock to encourage people to go beyond typical coloring of the artist’s own skin and hair color. YouTube videos show some light diving into coloring with diversity in mind, and it’s high time we had a class giving more detailed information and instruction!
Prerequisite: Copic Jumpstart Class or equivalent experience. Recommended: Review Skin and Hair Basics and update your swatch charts from the lesson.
In this class, there are 10 lessons (only 2 are listed at right during preregistration); some lessons will be “zooming in” on a particular section of the main class image, a woman carrying two bags, to study fabric folds in large-format before applying the knowledge gained and coloring the entire image at once in the final two lessons.
- Medium skintone, short wavy hair
- Caucasian skin, long braided haiar
- Pale skintone, short straight hair
- African skin, natural African hair
- Scarves, shirt, and sweater
- Purse and skirts
- Pants and shoes
- Copic bag and markers
- Complete figure 1
- Complete figure 2
Supplies are listed in the PreClass lesson; see the Curriculum tab of this course.
- Lectures 11
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Human Rainbow I Pre-Class
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 1, Short Wavy Hair
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 2, Long Braided Hair
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 3, Short Straight Hair
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 4, Natural African hair
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 5, Scarves, Shirt, and Sweater
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 6, Purse and Skirts
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 7, Pants and Shoes
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 8, Bag and markers
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 9, Figure 1
- Human Rainbow I: Lesson 10, Figure 2