Colored Pencil Jumpstart
New and experience colored pencil artists are always learning about this fun and accessible medium! This class with nearly 5 hours of video instruction will help you understand pencils, decide whether you might want to try a different brand, and of course how to use them! Covered will be a wide variety of blending techniques, shading and some color theory aswell! Many downloadable handouts will help you test and practice your blending and color combinations, and you’ll use these swatch sheets for years to come.
While some lessons in the class are geared to papercrafters using stamps – fine artists can also learn much by applying the techniques to drawn images as well. Just substitute your own drawings when we get to the later lessons on different papers!
Students can even take this class without owning a full set of pencils! The color theory exercises will teach how to mix colors using a color wheel to create new hues. Start with what you have, and as you grow as an artist you can decide what other products might be of interest to you!
This class will get beginners started, amp up intermediate students, and deepen an advanced student’s knowledge of colored pencils – and this class serves as the prerequisite for future classes.
The lessons can be viewed anytime and at your leisure; there are hours of instruction that you can watch again and again for years to come.
Supplies for this class are in the free preview lesson in the “curriculum” tab.
So grab your pencils, some paper, and let’s jumpstart your coloring skills!
- Lectures 12
- Duration 7 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart: Pre-class
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 1: Application of Color
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 2 – Color Wheel and Glazing
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 3 – Blending Techniques and Color Choices
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 4: Light and Shadow
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 5: Intensifying Color
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 6 – Black Magic
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 7 – Powdered Pencil Pigment
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 8 – Score!
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 9: Faux Watercolor
- Colored Pencil Jumpstart Lesson 10 – See-through Techniques