Blue Skies: Watercolor and Copic
Learn how to create the same scenes in both watercolor and Copic marker by purchasing both classes together!
In each intermediate class, lessons will teach techniques for painting blue skies with a variety of cloud formations. Both mediums use the same resource photos but of course apply techniques unique to the mediums being taught. Each lesson builds upon the last, developing skills that lead to success in the following:
- Cumulous Clouds
- Cloud Bank
- Cloud Depth
- Cirrus Sunset
- Storm Cloud
See the free pre-class lesson in the Curriculum tab to view the supply list.
What does “intermediate” mean here?
The class is taught with the art medium and paper – no stamps, no sketches, no net! That doesn’t mean it’s going to be terribly difficult, but it does mean that at least a basic facility with the mediums are a must. Some experience with basic application of color is needed; as well as the willingness to step out of a comfort zone!
If you need to take some basics in a medium but still want to purchase the classes together, you can “skip” to the medium you’re ready for now, and come back for the other medium later.
This class is appropriate for artists working in any genre – cardmaking, fine art, animé, etc. Lessons are taught on a small paper – but can be adapted to a larger size as desired.
Watch previews of the class:
- Lectures 11
- Duration 2 hours of video
- Skill level intermediate
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Blue Skies Combo Class: Pre-class
- Blue Skies: Copic Lesson 1, Cumulous Cloud
- Blue Skies: Copic Lesson 2, Cloud Bank
- Blue Skies: Copic Lesson 3, Cloud Depth
- Blue Skies: Copic Lesson 4, Cirrus Sunset
- Blue Skies: Copic Lesson 5, Storm Cloud
- Blue Skies: Watercolor Lesson 1, Cumulous Clouds
- Blue Skies: Watercolor Lesson 2, Cloud Bank
- Blue Skies: Watercolor Lesson 3, Cloud Depth
- Blue Skies: Watercolor Lesson 4, Cirrus Sunset
- Blue Skies: Watercolor Lesson 5, Storm Cloud