Bible Journaling 101
Creative worship – making art in your Bible – can, for some, be a relaxing and spiritual experience. For others – it does nothing but add stress. What mediums to use, what will bleed through, can the words still be read!? So many questions.
The focus in this class is on discovering mediums that do not bleed through the page, that do not obscure the text, and require no page prep! The instructor’s philosophy is that Bible journaling should be stress-free, not fraught with expensive supplies and extensive learning, and this class will help relieve your mind of many worries you may have.
The 10 lessons are not tutorials to create pages; but many will show you some ways to apply the medium to a Bible page. It’s recommended to go through the entire class with a notebook at hand, and jot down one or two mediums to try first. There’s no need to buy more than a simple pack of pencils, watercolor pencils, or watercolor paints in order to get started!
The class also discusses the process of coming up with ideas, from devotions through getting an image on paper. That’s actually the most important part – praying through the Scriptures for yourself, hearing from God, then documenting what He’s told you. This class will get you started on that journey!
- Lectures 12
- Duration 2 hours of video
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Assessments Self
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 2 – Process
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 3 – Ghosting, Bleeding, & Pens
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 4 – Inks and Stamping
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 5 – Pencils
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 6 – Markers
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 7 – Watercolor
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 8 – Crayons and Pastels
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 9 – Acrylic Paints
- Bible Journaling Class Lesson 10 – Journals, Grounds, and Final Thoughts